Mornings can be chaotic and stressful. I’m juggling a full-time job, two kids, a husband, and everything else that comes along with life. If I can start the day out as stress-free as possible, then I feel prepared for the day and everything that I need to accomplish. I have a few tips and tricks to mentally and physically prepare for the day, regardless of what your situation is (kids, significant other, etc). These are by no means revolutionary, but they’ve helped me out in the past 6 months when I’ve had to adjust to a ton of changes in my life.
1. If you’re like me and act like a walking zombie before coffee, then buy a coffee machine with a timer! Some days I have to be at work at 6 am, which means my alarm is going off at 4:30 am to get ready, feed Apollo, and commute to work. I get everything set up on the machine, and in the morning the coffee is ready to go as I’m getting out of bed. It’s one less thing to worry about and I get my caffeine fix early enough that I can get ready for the long day ahead.
2. Eat a healthy breakfast. I think most people have heard the expression that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Whether or not that is true, it definitely helps to eat a nutrient packed meal to give your body and mind enough energy for the day.
Some of my favorite breakfasts are smoothies. You can easily add a ton of vitamins and minerals through fruits, veggies, and an assortment of supplement powders.
3. Open the blinds and windows. Fresh air and sunlight helps wake you up and also personally makes me feel more relaxed. The fresh air feels great after a long night of being inside with the heat on and my husband constantly opens the blinds in the morning, which feels like a more natural way of waking up.
4. Wash your face! The whole routine of washing my face wakes me up and also calms me down at the same time. The water feels really nice on your skin and gets blood circulating to your face. If you use a face wash with a scent or essential oils that you particularly enjoy, it can certainly help improve your mood.
5. WATER, WATER, WATER. A big ol’ glass of cold water can’t hurt!
6. Pick out your outfit the night before. Get everything that you’ll need to get ready set aside, things in your purse, keys somewhere that you’ll easily find, and whatever else you need to physically get yourself dressed for the day.
7. Make your lunch the night before or make extra for dinner so you’ll have left-overs. This saves SO much time if you are trying to get yourself and kids ready at the same time.
8. Lastly, make a to-do list the night before if you have a busy day in the morning. It’ll help you stay organized and on top of what you need to get done.
These are just a few things that have helped me out recently. What are some things that make your morning easier?