I wrote this post in September about my goals for the next 6 months. It’s hard to believe that it’s already time for me to update how I’m doing with my list, but it’s also giving me a boost of confidence because I can see how much I’ve accomplished in a short amount of time!
This was my list from that post:
My goals from September 2014-March 2015
- Transition back to work successfully and pump at work, plus still breastfeeding at home
- Do yoga stretches daily
- Lose all my baby weight
- Get this blog up and running with enough content
- Save money
- Date nights with Fred
- Save up for a new camera
- Luna and Apollo transitioning well with our new daycare schedule
- 1. I transitioned back to work very well and I’m still pumping 2-3 times at work and 100% breastfeeding on demand on home. We have only had to give Apollo 1 bottle with formula my first week back to work in October. I’m really proud of myself for being able to pump enough to feed Apollo at home with only breast milk! I wasn’t able to do that with Luna and I am working 4 days a week at 10 hour shifts, so it means that I have to leave even more milk! I feel really good about how well I’ve done so far with this goal!
- I have not been consistent with stretching daily. There are definitely weeks where I am on top of it and then others where I feel so busy that I am always rushing around and on the go. I think now that I’m seeing how inconsistent I’ve been with it, that I’ll focus more on making sure that I do stretch daily. It’s a big help for staying calm and in a good mood, and my job is really physically demanding, so I’m sure it will help my body stay healthy.
- Lose all my baby weight… I think I have about 6 more pounds to lose. But, I seriously rarely weigh myself and I don’t really care. I haven’t been able to exercise that much because I’m so busy, and I’m more focused on what I’m eating that I know eventually the rest will fall off. If it doesn’t, then I’m also okay with that. I don’t mind having more curves! I’ve embraced it.
- I am definitely posting a lot more now that the family has more of a routine and we’re getting a lot better at juggling two kids and two full-time jobs. I’m in the mind-set to just get sh*t done!
- Done! and super excited about it!
- We only had one and it was on Valentine’s Day. We both definitely want to have more, but I think realistically we might have to wait until Apollo is a little bit older.
- I did it! I am also so freaking happy about it. I love my camera and taking pictures. Visual creativity is probably my favorite thing.
- Luna and Apollo looooove their “nanny”. I don’t know how I feel about that word. She’s awesome and from El Salvador, so she speaks Spanish. I’m hoping this will help Luna and Apollo learn Spanish!
Overall, I’m really excited about how much I’ve accomplished! I think I might do this every 6 months and see what happens.