I am all about layering food with different types of veggies. It adds a ton of texture, color and flavor that makes something that you frequently eat more exciting. I love the crunch from the chick peas and kale, plus the creaminess of the avocado. I ended up adding goddess dressing to my potato and it was heavenly. Luna preferred some butter and tamari on hers, and it was also really yummy! The options are endless as far as toppings and different dressings.
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of chick peas
- Kale from 5 stems
- 1 avocado
- A handful of grape tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Dressing of choice (butter, tamari, cinnamon, goddess dressing)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse potatoes and place on a baking sheet in the oven. Let cook for roughly 45 minutes, but check for fork tenderness after 35-40 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, rinse and drain your chick peas and kale.
- Add some olive oil to a pan over low to medium heat, and add the kale. Let the kale cook for a minute or two and then add the chick peas. Add salt and pepper, cover and let cook for about 15 minutes. You can cook longer for a crunchier texture or less for a softer texture.
- While the main ingredients are cooking, cut up half an avocado and a handful of grape tomatoes as toppings.
- Once the potatoes are soft enough for a fork to easily slide to the middle of the potatoes, remove from the oven.
- Cut down the middle of the potatoes and top with kale, chick peas, avocado and tomatoes.
- Top with dressing of choice (tamari, butter, cinnamon, goddess dressing, etc.)
Like, share, or comment below if you try the recipe!