I’m not really sure what tastes better than raw cacao and banana. It is probably one of the best taste combinations ever! I wanted to make something that had both flavors, but was closer to a milk shake, so I added dates and some frozen strawberries. This is also great because it’s a million times healthier than a full-on dairy smoothie, and it’s gluten and soy free. I layered my smoothie on top of some chia seed pudding that I made with almond milk.
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 5 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- a splash of maple syrup (optional)
- Soak the dates for about 30 minutes. This softens them and makes it way easier to blend them into your smoothie.
- Blend the banana, strawberries, almond milk, dates, and raw cacao powder until you have an even, creamy consistency. Use frozen fruit for a thicker smoothie or fresh fruit for a thinner one.