I had a little extra time on my hands (whoa!) so I made some baked oatmeal with fresh strawberries, blueberries and banana. I layered it in a mason jar with some soy vanilla yogurt to make a really yummy parfait. It was warm, filling, comforting and super-duper easy! This recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
- 3 cups gluten-free extra thick rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 10 fresh strawberries, cut in small pieces
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the mashed bananas with 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- In a separate bowl combine the oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine.
- Add the strawberries and blueberries to the oatmeal mixture.
- Coat a baking dish with coconut oil and then add the oatmeal.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. When the outside is starting to brown and the oats are completely cooked it’s ready!
- Let it cool down, then place in the fridge for a little bit to firm up.
This would taste amazing with peanut butter on top and this can easily be made into muffins. Just use the same ingredients and place in a cupcake baking sheet.