Buddha bowl’s are my go-to for an easy and healthy lunch or dinner. The name simply means that the bowl is overflowing with grains, veggies, beans and usually nuts or seeds. I love making these when I have a bunch of produce that needs to be used up or if I have left over rice or quinoa from the day before. I generally just throw it all together in a bowl, top it with a dressing or tamari and some nutritional yeast, and gobble it up!
- Brown Rice
- Greens (kale, spinach, collards, and/or chard)
- Chick peas
- Hemp seeds, tamari, nutritional yeast, salt & pepper
- While cooking the brown rice, bake the potatoes. They should both be finished cooking around the same time, roughly 40-45 minutes.
- Add greens, chick peas, carrots, avocado, potatoes and sprouts.
- Top with hemp seeds, salt & pepper and dressing of choice.