There are so many websites and articles telling you 900 different things that are necessary for a baby. Call me simple, but I only wanted a few things; loads of diapers and wipes and a really good breast pump. We co-sleep with Apollo and also did it with Luna, so I knew that buying a crib or even a bassinet was a waste of money. I picked 5 of my most used items with Apollo, some of which I’m still using after a year.
- Fisher Price Rock n’ Play sleeper
- Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump
- Ergo baby Carrier
- Herbs for Kids Teething Support
- The Honest Company Healing Balm
- We used a Rock n’ Play sleeper for both kids and it was a life saver. Apollo had really bad gas and spit up for months. The sleeper is great because it keeps the baby at an incline and that helps with their gas and keeps their spit up under control. If I would put Apollo down flat on his back after eating he would spit up everything! It’s also easy to put them down for naps and just to relax so you can be hands free for a little bit.
- The Medela breast pump was the best investment for me. I’ve been using it every day for almost a year, and now mostly while I’m at work. It comes with an awesome ice pack and storage bag that holds 4 bottles. It has made it so easy to pump at work and store my milk in the fridge without worrying about it spilling and also keeping some privacy. The pump also comes with a battery pack, so I’ve been able to pump in weird locations if I can’t get to an outlet. I seriously would recommend this pump to everyone. It’s a little pricey, but definitely worth it if you’ll be pumping on a regular basis. It still works perfectly and I’ve never had any issues with it.
- Ergo makes awesome baby carriers. We use one of the original carriers, but you can get a really cool Ergo 360 and the baby can face every direction. Carriers are great for keeping the baby close when you’re out in public, or when you need to get things done at home and need to be hands-free. I think it’s really sweet when Apollo looks up at me when I’m wearing him!
- Apollo has been teething since he was 4 months old, but he didn’t actually get any teeth until around 9 months. The Herbs for Kids teething support has worked wonders for Apollo. It smells and tastes of really strong clove, which definitely doesn’t taste good at all, but it helps soothe him almost instantly. We’ve been using it for 8 months and now that he’s getting about 5 more teeth, we’ve had to start using this every night to help him sleep.
- I know there has been a lot of love and hate for The Honest Company, but we’ve really liked the healing balm. We use it as a diaper cream and Apollo’s skin has never had any reactions to it, and it helps soothe diaper rash, heat rash, and any other bumps or bruises on his skin. It’s a great consistency, doesn’t leave a weird residue, and doesn’t have a weird smell. We’ve tried a dozen different creams for diaper rash and this one has been our favorite.
What are your go-to items for your baby? Have you tried any of these products?