Do you ever crave so many things at the same time that you just decide to throw it all together? As I was driving home from work, I really wanted a salad, but also roasted squash and quinoa… so I put it all together for an epic fall salad! There’s also roasted garlic and onions, plus saltiness from the goat cheese. I love roasted garlic so much! I would eat it with every meal if I could, but I’m sure that would keep people far, far away from me.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup romaine lettuce
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium delicata squash, de-seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 small onion
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- dressing (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut and de-seed the delicata squash, lightly drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and place in a baking dish. Add some whole garlic cloves and whole onion and repeat with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the pieces are easily pierced with a fork and tender.
- While the squash is baking, cook the quinoa following the instructions on the package. We cooked our quinoa in vegetable broth. It adds a ton of flavor!
- When the quinoa and squash are ready, being filling the bowl with the romaine lettuce. Mix the quinoa and black beans, and place on top of the lettuce. Then add the delicata squash, garlic, and onion. Top with pumpkin seeds, cheese and dressing if desired.