Simple and delicious vegan almond butter and chocolate milkshake! Top with vegan whip cream and you have a quick and decadent dessert.
If you’re a fan of chocolate and almond butter, then get ready for the most delicious vegan milkshake of your life! I’ve been on a huge chocolate kick lately, but only because I found a chocolate tahini sauce that is lower in sugar, has a nice sesame taste to it, and it’s the perfect consistency to add to everything. The only prep work for this milkshake is making sure that you have two frozen bananas, so plan ahead and put them in the freezer the night before you plan on making this, or have a store of frozen bananas at the ready! You can even top this bad boy with some vegan whip cream and you have a decadent dessert.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp crunchy almond butter, plus 1-2 tbsp for topping
- 2 tbsp Soom Foods chocolate tahini sauce (you can use whatever chocolate sauce you have if you can’t get this one)
- splash of soy or almond milk
- rice milk whip cream (optional)
- Place frozen bananas, 2 tbsp almond butter and 1 tbsp chocolate sauce in a food processor. Blend until everything gets stuck together and can’t move anymore. Add a splash of non-dairy milk and continue to blend until you get a creamy, ice cream consistency.
- To make this extra yummy, put another tbsp of chocolate sauce in the bottom of your cup, then add a layer of the milkshake, add a little more almond butter, add another layer of milkshake, and repeat! You can top with more chocolate sauce, almond butter, and whip cream for a really magical experience.
Note: my taste testers highly approve of this recipe. Luna and Apollo devoured both of my milkshakes!