It’s hard to believe how quickly this year passed, but then again I think we all say that every year! It doesn’t help that it’s 70 degrees outside on Christmas, and I saw families outside on walks wearing shorts… but I’m excited to recap the year for my blog and myself, and also talk about my goals for A&L in 2016.
Top 5 Posts of 2015
#2 Vegan Gingerbread Men This was cute and really fun to make with Luna!
#3 Vegan Almond Butter Milkshake. I would eat this every day because it’s made with bananas, almond butter, and tahini chocolate sauce, yummm!
#4 Vegan Mini Brownies Raw and vegan treats – I’m seeing a theme here with what you all enjoy, and it involves chocolate 😉
I’m happy that my vegan desserts were the top recipes for 2015, because I love baking and making vegan alternatives for desserts! Be on the lookout for many more delicious desserts to come in 2016. If you have any requests for specific dessert ideas, leave a comment on this post and I’d be happy to make it! I already have a request for vegan thin mints.
Traffic, Social Media & Features
I started this blog in August 2014 right before Apollo was born, then took a three-month break after he was born, and started back up again in January 2015. I wasn’t consistent, just posting whenever I had a chance to upload a recipe or some photos of the kids. It wasn’t until October of 2015, as in 3 months ago, that I started getting serious about blogging. I made it a goal of mine to try to post daily in October, and while I didn’t do that, I did post at least 3-4 times a week. I got a better lens for my camera, started to work on my photography and editing skills, and even had my banana bread recipe featured in a Buzzfeed list. The traffic to Apollo & Luna more than quadrupled since October 2015. I hit over 1,000 daily views and also started to submit my recipes to Foodgawker, Healthy Aperture, and Finding Vegan, which also increased the traffic to the blog.
I’m continuing to grow on social media and find that the community and tribe mentality is so amazing. I’ve put much more effort into the blogging community and I’m really excited about the different groups that I’ve joined and the other bloggers that I’ve met. Even if our relationship is online, we can support each other and give advice and inspiration. The social media world gets so much negative press, but it can be a great tool to grow an awesome community of like-minded people. I can’t wait to see where things grow and develop in 2016.
Goals for 2016
- My number one goal for 2016 is to continue to produce awesome content. I feel like I’ve finally gotten into a groove with my posts, lay out and style, but I’d like to experiment with different types of cuisine and photography. I’m going to make it easier to navigate through the blog to search for different categories of recipes.
- Create more “mindful living” posts. This includes more health and wellness topics, fitness, meditation, and mindful parenting.
- Work more with brands and collaborating with other bloggers for unique posts.
- Pass 20,000 monthly views and continue to grow on social media.
- Write an ebook and work on sending newsletters to those that are subscribed through email to the blog.
Thank you for coming along for the ride in 2015 and I hope to see more of you in 2016! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!