I decided to take a little bit of a break from the blog this week, and instead of working 40-50 hours at my full-time job, and then coming home and blogging for another 4-8 hours, I did other things. It was extremely over due, and my body has appreciated the extra rest. I also finally had time to get a hair cut (the first one in over 9 months!) and do some planning ahead. The constant desire to juggle a million things, raise two kids, and make time for my husband was getting out of control, and I needed to restore some balance in my life.
I have a simple vegan berry chia pudding and a plea for Spring to officially bloom in Maryland! You taunted us with beautiful weather and now it’s supposed to snow… I just want to see some greenery and flowers when I look out my window! Melon and berries are some of my favorite foods and I can’t wait to eat it every morning for breakfast. I shared this smoothie bowl on Instagram and everyone seems to agree that they can’t wait for Spring!
I also have a list of recipes, health and beauty products, and some other food and drinks that I’ve been loving lately. It’s nice to see so many up and coming brands in health food stores, and also how many cool new products are in the market.
- Sweet Potato Noodle Salad, The First Mess
- Sweet & Sour Tempeh Rice, Vegetarian Ventures
- Easy Vegan Kimchi, Minimalist Baker
Health & Beauty Products I’m Loving
- Papaya Enzymes
- Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp and Tamanu Shampoo
- Nutiva Coconut Oil (this is the only moisturizer that I use on my body!)
Food & Drinks
- Better Half Almond Milk & Coconut Creamer, Califia Farms
- Louisville Vegan Jerky
- Organic Smooth Peanut Butter, Woodstock