A delicious vegan mocha frappé with cold brew coffee, Sunwarrior Mocha Warrior Blend and coconut milk. A healthier version of the popular sugary frappé drinks from your favorite coffee shop!
Sunwarrior sent me their new mocha warrior blend, and it couldn’t have been better timing because we just did our inventory at work and I DESPERATELY needed a pick-me-up. Instead of driving to Starbucks and buying a sugary and expensive caffeine boost, I made a home-made vegan mocha frappé with cold brew coffee, the mocha warrior protein powder and full fat coconut milk.
We were at the grocery store until 3:15 in the morning scanning every single thing to make sure that we have the correct numbers in our system. I worked about 12 hours, which normally would have been fine, but when I got home at 4 am Apollo woke up and wanted to hang out with me. He wanted “snackies”, so we sat together and ate some blueberries and then fell back asleep around 5 am. I think we woke up around 9 am, but I honestly have no idea!
Sleep is such a foreign concept to me at this point that I think my body forgets how to do it most nights. My fellow parents out there, please tell me that I’m not the only one with a 20 month old that still doesn’t sleep through the night!
You can modify the amount of caffeine in this recipe to whatever your body can tolerate, and also even swap out the cold brew for regular drip coffee. If you’re like me and want all the caffeine possible, you can also use straight up espresso and you will be ready to take on the world.
There are no rules here, people! If you really want to treat yourself, you can make this a little bit more like a Starbucks drink and add some chocolate sauce on top. I’d love to hear your favorite guilty pleasure when it comes to decadent coffee/frappé drinks! I’m a sucker for iced coffee drinks!
Vegan Mocha Frappé with Sunwarrior Protein
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 2 people||Total:|
- 12 oz cold brew coffee
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk (I used mostly cream and a little bit of the water)
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Mocha Warrior Blend
- 2-3 cups of ice
- Liquid sweetener (maple syrup, stevia, agave, etc)
- Optional toppings: raw cacao nibs, chocolate sauce, coconut whip cream
- In a blender or food processor, blend the cold brew coffee, coconut milk, Sunwarrior Mocha Warrior Blend protein powder, and ice. You want to achieve a slushy/frappé texture, so continue to add ice if necessary.
- Taste, and add liquid sweetener of your choice if needed.
- Top with raw cacao nibs and enjoy cold!
*This post contains affiliate links! Thank you for supporting Apollo & Luna!