From this week until basically next summer is the busy season for grocery stores, and boy does my body feel it. I’ve been working non-stop for the past week getting the store ready for Thanksgiving and everything that comes along with it; stocking, cleaning, large deliveries, special orders, etc. After working for a week straight, my body needs as much help as possible from plants and medicinal herbs. Turmeric is my go-to when I’m feeling sore, and I love combining it with cacao powder and cinnamon for a tasty turmeric hot chocolate.
The only tricky part for me is that I’m always on the go and find it difficult to keep my beverages warm. I’ve been using a travel coffee mug for my regular coffee, but sometimes you need something a little more powerful. The Thermos brand vacuum insulated 40 oz stainless steel bottle works like a dream to keep my turmeric hot chocolate warm for 24 hours! I brought it along with me on a quick break with some chia pudding and raspberries, and my drink was perfectly warm. Considering it finally decided to be absolutely FREEZING this week, I was really happy that the Thermos brand bottles work so well.
Vegan Turmeric Hot Chocolate
My favorite method for making hot chocolate is to gently warm everything on the stove, and then add it to a blender to make sure that the powders are fully dissolved. I prefer to use either almond milk or coconut milk with my hot chocolate, but you can use any kind of plant-based milk. With this turmeric hot chocolate, I like to also add cinnamon, coconut cream, vanilla extract, maple syrup and then go from there. You can also add maca and other superfoods that will easily dissolve into the hot chocolate.
The Thermos brand bottle is also really handy because it stores up to 40 oz of liquid, which means I can sip on my turmeric hot chocolate throughout the day and recharge my sleepy mind and body. Once this holiday week is over, I’ll be looking for every possible second to relax, read a few books and hopefully cook up a storm. I can’t wait to eat my body weight in brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes and squash!
Thermos is hosting a giveaway right now on their Facebook page and you can enter to win awesome Thermos brand products!
Vegan Turmeric Hot Chocolate
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 2 people||Total:|
- 2 cups almond milk or coconut milk
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp turmeric powder (depending on how strong you want it to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Gently warm the almond milk in a medium sized pot on the stove, but be careful not to bring it to a boil. Start on medium low heat and then lower it once it starts to warm up.
- Add the cacao powder, turmeric, cinnamon, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract and whisk until the powders dissolve.
- Once it's heated through, which should only take a few minutes, add the coconut cream and whisk until it starts to melt down.
- Pour the entire mixture into a blender and quickly blend everything together until the powders are fully dissolved and you have a nice, frothy drink.
- Add the turmeric hot chocolate to your Thermos brand insulated bottle and take it with you on the go!